Director of Operations, Fresh Speakers Academy
Fresh Speakers Academy is a digital training program on public speaking and thought leadership for social change leaders. The Academy is seeking a Director of Operations for its pilot program running through October 2021. Ever wonder what it’s like behind the scenes for the most inspiring speakers you’ve seen at a conference? This is your chance to find out, and to really make a difference to an awesome cohort of next-generation thought leaders. This opportunity is ideal for someone who loves a collaborative work environment and is passionate about creating more justice and equity in the world.
The Director of Operations will play a central role on the team, working closely with the CEO to implement the program’s strategic vision, and operationalize its three major services/products: online learning, coaching, and a speaker-to-curator channel called The FRESH Index. The primary goal of the position is to create the foundation of a vibrant and highly effective program that ensures a meaningful, positive experience for its members.
- Provide strategic and operational support for curriculum design and production
- Support the development of and help to oversee the Academy’s coaching program
- Help to build a culture of trust and community among its 110+ members
- Identify and help secure new partnerships for the program
- Support the development and implementation of The Fresh Index
- Support the development of a B2C model to launch in Fall 2021
- 3+ years experience of working at social change organizations or mission-driven companies, leadership program experience is a bonus
- Excellent organizational, project management skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to thrive at deadline-driven projects while remaining flexible and creative
The position is a part-time consultancy position of 10-15 hours per week. We offer flexibility in work schedule and a monthly retainer of $5,000 with the possibility of an ongoing consultancy or full time position in 2022.
Fresh Speakers’ Commitment
Our mission is focused on advancing justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in the speaking industry. We are committed to elevating voices of extraordinary individuals that reflect a broad spectrum of identities, and we strive to do that within our organization as well as on the stage. We strongly encourage women, gender nonconforming, and BIPOC+ candidates to apply.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to <firstname.lastname@example.org>. The subject line of your email should be “Director of Operations”. In the body of your message, please answer the following question in 2-3 sentences: What are you most excited about in bringing your skills to this work?